The 7 Chakra Colors: What, Why & How
Chakras are the energy centers of the body. The seven chakras are connected to different glands and organs in the body and are responsible for uniform distribution of "Chi" (life energy) through them. It's essential to unblock and harmonize the chakras, as it tends to open up your mind, body and soul.
According to Hindu and/or Buddhist belief, chakras are vast (yet confined) pools of energy in our bodies which govern our psychological qualities. There are said to be seven main chakras in all; four in our upper body, which govern our mental properties, and three in the lower body, which govern our instinctual properties.
Each chakra is also associated with specific chakra colors. Chakras are the energy centers of the body.
The color of the seven main chakras are:
1. Red - First / Root Chakra
2. Orange - Second /Sacral Chakra
3. Yellow - Third / Solar Plexus Chakra
4. Green - Fourth / Heart Chakra
5. Blue (sapphire blue or turquoise) - Fifth / Throat Chakra
6. Purple (or deep indigo) - Sixth/ Third Eye Chakra
7. White - Seventh / Crown Chakra
Each color reflects a vibration or frequency radiating through the chakras. Their meaning may be related to the function of its associated chakras and general symbolism. When seeing or using the following colors, you could make the following associations:
1. Red Chakra Color: it symbolized safety, survival, grounding, nourishment from the Earth energy. In chakra healing practices, red may denote inflammation at the physical level.
2. Orange Chakra Color: it carries meanings associated with emotions, creativity, sexuality, and is associated with water. This color also impacts our joy, desire and compassion for others.
3. Yellow Chakra Color: It's responsible for one's personal and professional success. It allows one to feel more confident, cheerful and energetic. It symbolizes mental activities, intellect, personal power and will.
4. Green Chakra Color: It's connected with love, relating, integration, compassion
5. Blue Chakra: It represent self-expression, expression of truth, creative expression, communication, perfect form and pattern.
6. Purple Chakra Color: It evokes intuition, extrasensory perception, inner wisdom
7. White Chakra Color: It's associated with the universal, connection with spirituality, consciousness. This chakra can render individual the ability to perform miracles, transcend the laws of nature and have higher awareness.
Color is part of light. Light is made up of vibrating energy. This energy vibrated at different speed, and all of the energy put together created the color spectrum.
Working with colors is a great way to balance the chakras, it can apply to all level, from the stone/ crystal you are wearing, to your clothes, your house decor , even to the food you are consuming. You can matcha color with its associated with the energy center to support or activate its flow. For example, you may use red to stimulate root chakra energy and support grounding and overall vitality; orange to target the second energy center; yellow for the third, etc.
All of the chakras should contribute to a human;s well-being. Some of our chakras are usually not open all the way, aka they operate just like when you were born. See below the sign whether your chakras are active or underactive ot better understand your body.
1. Root Chakra (Red)
This chakra is based on being physically aware and feeling comfortable in many situations. If opened, you should feel well-balanced and sensible, stable and secure. You don't distrust people around you for no reason.You feel present in what is happening right now, and very connected to your physical body. If it's under-active: you tend to be fearful or nervous, and easily feel unwelcome. If it's over-active: you may be materialistic and greedy. You feel as if you should be secure and are unwelcome to a change.
2. Sacral Chakra (Orange)
This chakra deals with feeling and sexuality. If open, feeling is released with liberty, and are expressed without you being over-emotional. You would be open to affinity and can be passionate as well as outgoing. You also have no problems based on sexuality. If it's under-active: you tend to be unemotional or impassive, and are not very open to anybody. If it's over-active: you tend to be sensitive and emotional all the time.
3. Navel Chakra (Yellow)
This chakra encircles confidence, especially when in a group. When open, you should feel in control and have good feeling of dignity in yourself. If it's under-active: you tend to be passive and indecisive.
4. Heart Chakra (Green)
This chakra is all about love, caring, and endearment. When open, you seem to be compassionate and friendly, always working in amicable relationships. If it's under-active: you tend to be cold and unfriendly. If it's over-active: you tend to be so "loving" towards people that you suffocate them, and you could be seen as selfish for it.
5. Throat Chakra (Blue)
This chakra is based on self-expression and communication. When the chakra is open, expressing yourself is easy, and art seems to be a great way to do this. If it's under-active: you tend not to speak too much, so you are classified as shy.
6. The Third Eye Chakra (Purple)
Like its name, this chakra deals with insight. When open, you have excellent clairvoyance, and tend to dream a lot. If it's under-active: you tend to look up to other people to think for you. Relying on beliefs too often, you also tend to be confused most of the time. If it's over-active: you tend to live in a world imagination all day long. In the extremes, you could suffer from frequent daydreams or even hallucinations.
7. Crown Chakra (White)
This is the seventh and most spiritual chakra. It encircles a being's wisdom and being one with the universe. When this chakra is open, prejudice disappears from your To Do list, and you seem to become more aware of the world and its connection to yourself. If it's under-active: you tend to not be very spiritual, and may be quite rigid in your thoughts. If it's over-active: you tend to intellectualize things all the time.